I will be graduating tomorrow morning with my bachelor in Game Art & Design finally! I’m currently making some last minute alterations and minor fixes to my demo reel that have been suggested since I released the final draft last week; to serve for my final demo reel that I will be presenting in the morning.
Also updating some of my textures and materials in my casino environment to bring them up to snuff, here is my low poly video poker machine I am currently in the process of texturing, not final yet. It currently sits at around 2.6k tri, I may optimize it some more to push to closer to 2k whilst keeping the same geometry.
I’m pretty happy with the casino environment, after two months working on it, it is finally close to finished, I think maybe a couple more weeks adjusting some of the materials and adding in some small props and it is done. I will be uploading new screenshots very soon!
With the surprise release of Unreal Engine 4 last month I decided to migrate the beginning of my casino environment from UDK to UE4 since I was still in the blockout stage of the project and with the new features available in UE4, I will be able to showcase my level in much higher fidelity than I could have previously.
Last updated: May 29, 2014 3:19:06 PM
Here is a project I did last month, I had to create a character and a bust for my sculpting class, My character I based of a digital painting by Marcus Blättermann of Bowser, The alien bust is of my own design.
With my Diner nearly finished I have begun working on my casino environment, I have decided to base my designs on the Casino Valoro in Timisoara, Romania.
I Have a few casino props from an earlier environment I designed for a class and will go back and update the 3D models and textures to use with this casino. Right now I have blocked out the level using BSP’s within UDK which I will then import into 3ds Max to use as a base to work from.
This will be my first environment that I have built that is actually based on a real world location.
Still more texturing work to do then on to lighting.
I modeled and textured this hunting rifle for my diner scene, I spent around 10-12 hours working on it and I feel it has come out looking good. For some of the details on the scope and barrel I created a high poly version and then projected the detail onto the normal map for the lower poly model.
Most of the prop placement is done, still a few more things to model then I will get started on the texturing probably within the next week or so.
For the mean time here are a few screenshots of my recent progress.
I have been working on this environment for the past 3-4 months, this is the corridor section nearing completion.
I designed this website with a two week deadline whilst working on my finals for a friend who just graduated this quarter, he needed a site to display his work during the portfolio review and for job hunting in the game art field, he is a talented character designer who will no doubt find the job he is looking for. Read More